A new logo for Fastrac

Monday, October 29, 2007

Back on Track

Things have been fairly hectic since I last wrote on my blog.

My son got married Sept. 22nd. It was a great wedding. Of course, in my eyes, my granddaughter Olivia was the star of the whole event.

Two weeks after wedding Melissa and I did our first Health and Wellness show in Shakespeare. Sold a few things, some Law of Attraction Affirmation Cards, and managed to do a fair bit of networking. Because of the close proximity we spent the weekend in Stratford. And what is a visit to Stratford without a visit to Rheo Thompsons for Chocolate? Mmmmm... Those mint smoothies are the best! And of course, dark chocolate is a detoxifier, so it is healthy!

Two weeks later found me at my high school reunion. I showed up armed with pictures of Olivia, and my 3 children, of course, and a stack of business cards. What a great place to nextwork! Met up with some old friends and took a wonderfull stroll down memory lane. And, as much as I enjoyed it, I sure was glad to get back home to my present life. I love our home in the country and wouldn't trade it for anything.

So, now back to reality. I started teaching night classes at the local high school this year. I am really enjoying it. So far I have taught, The Law of Attraction and a course on Self Coaching using The Brain Walk. This Thursday I start teaching a course in Self Awareness.

Last Monday evening I was the guest speaker at a fundraising event for Marillac Place in Kitchener. It is an organization I believe in. The are connected to St. Vincent De Paul and help mother-led families. They teach these young moms how to provide for themselves and their babies. In order to stay at Marillac Place these young women must complete their high school education. I believe very strongly in their principles and what they stand for.

In Dec. I shall be the guest speaker for Women in Business in Kincardine. This will be my 3rd time speaking for them and is something I am looking forward to.

Well, Melissa has now finished the first step in becoming a certified power coach. I always wondered what it would be like to have one of my childred follow in my footsteps. Now I know, and love every minute of it.

Feb. 3 to 9th/2008 is International Coaching Awareness week. Melissa and I are already planning a workshop for Saturday, Feb. 9th. We even have one of our guest speakers lined up. I will keep you in touch with our progress on this project.

Need to get ready to go grocery shopping, or else we will be wondering what to have for lunch.

No comments: